Search This Blog

Weekly Questions (#3 and #4)



2 shared thoughts
.... so sorry, my number three is already a week late ... but it's better late than never, diba T. Julie? :)

#3: What were your favorite books as a child, specifically in your elementary school years?

Oh my ... I had lots of books when I was young. My sisters who started studying far from home during their college days used to send us "gifts" every now and then, and they were mostly books. They knew that I loved animals so the ones that they sent were stories mostly about dogs, horses, and even a mice, or two. lol. But they also sent us fantasy books with knights, dragons and fairy stories. I just loved those! :)

#4: What valuable lessons have you learned from your father?

My father ... I must say, he is my idol! :)

I have learned a lot from him and one of the most important lesson that I learned from him is to live within my means; he was a cashier in one of the banks at home, and I guess he knows the value of money. He doesn't like spending, unless it's really necessary, or if it's for the business. I guess he has accumulated a lot since he has successfully sent all of his nine children (yeah, we are quite a bunch, aren't we? lol) through college (with my mom's help, of course, since she also worked at the bank as a clerk), and has even managed to buy some lands/properties (which he leased at first, then sold after around twenty years) as well as a few others where he has had rice and sugarcane planted.

He was a workaholic, too ... but he wasn't stingy with his time when it comes to his family. In fact, he always encouraged us to go with him when he visits the farm, or sometimes he'd be the first to suggest we go on vacations. He loves traveling, that's why. Bringing along nine kids could be a chore sometimes, though; like the one time when we went to Cebu, or to Bicol. Or the most "recent" one, when we all went to Baguio (together with our respective families and their grandchildren!). But we all had fun! :)

Another lesson that I learned from him (and from my mom, too), is to trust in the Lord. Both of them are quite religious and they have always attended the early morning mass. It helps that the church is just a couple of meters away from home, I guess, since they are already getting old. Still, they have such a deep faith that I really admire them for it. :)


If you want to join, or learn more about weekly questions, then do visit GreenBucks.

2 shared thoughts:

Anonymous at: Thu Jun 19, 10:26:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Thanks for doing both tags, Maiylah.

It is good that your older siblings gave you books that you enjoyed. Are you the youngest?

I enjoyed reading about your father and how he and your mother raised all nine of you. Wow, andami nga :)

thanks and its ok, your post is not late.

Till the next one, take care.

maiylah at: Fri Jun 20, 12:06:00 AM GMT+8 said...

thanks, T. Julie!
nope, am not the youngest ... lol. ang dami talaga namin!

take care, too! :)

Post a Comment

THANK YOU
...for visiting and the comment love!

have a nice day!

newer post older post