Search This Blog

Food Friday



25 shared thoughts
Lugaw, congee, rice porridge ...comfort food for most of us Asians. :)

Nope, I didn't cook that...had that when hubby brought us to this lugawan along Timog Avenue in Quezon City. If I had my way, I wouldn't want it to have such a bright color (in fact, I prefer my lugaw to be white...lol) and with much less 'toppings'.

But in fairness, it tasted quite good. Really. :D



post for:
food friday

Food Friday Players:
Nathalie (Red Mango - Indulge)
Nathalie (Spicy Shrimp with Lemon-Butter Sauce)
Race (A Veneto Platter)
Lynn (Take Home Goodies)
Oggi (McD's Angus Third Pounder with Bacon and Cheese Burger)
Dj (Chewy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies)
Jay (Fresh Lumpia)
Kero (Sugar Cookies)

ps. should have done this EONS ago: adding a backlink to those who played as my way of saying thanks for linking back. :)

*will be posting Food Friday here until my other blog is up and running ... many thanks to everyone for being patient and understanding. :)

25 shared thoughts:

Unknown at: Fri Oct 22, 12:22:00 AM GMT+8 said...

wow, looks yummy! i love the fried garlic flakes in lugaw. tagal ko ng di nakakain ng congee.:p

Arlene at: Fri Oct 22, 12:40:00 AM GMT+8 said...

i love the quail eggs in the lugaw but i prefer it white also. :)

if i dont have all those toppings..i just love my lugaw plain as it is with a a little dash of salt. pytes na yan@

☺lani☺ at: Fri Oct 22, 01:15:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Yum din! happy friday!

Gizelle at: Fri Oct 22, 01:55:00 AM GMT+8 said...

what I love from our lugaw is the golden color! chinese congee is pale hehehe

Mylene at: Fri Oct 22, 02:16:00 AM GMT+8 said...

This looks yummy! I also want my lugaw white but I love the toppings :D

Here is my entry

julie at: Fri Oct 22, 06:04:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Perfect para sa rainy days yan :) sarap!

I prefer it white too :)

♥peachkins♥ at: Fri Oct 22, 07:46:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Minsan masarap yung yellow ang lugaw!LOL!

Certified Foodies at: Fri Oct 22, 10:14:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Waaahhh! Ginutom ako bigla. I miss lugaw, goto and yung tokwa't baboy! Here in Malabon, there's a place named "Onyok's" that serve the best lugaw and tokwa't baboy I've ever tasted. I don't know how they make their lugaw, but it's really good.

Sarap na pang-merienda or berakfast yan, especially with quail eggs. Gosh. Nagutom talaga ako 'coz that was my favorite breakfast nung nag-study pa ako. Hahaha. Last January pa ata ako huling nakakain ng lugaw.

- blankPixels of CertifiedFoodies.com -

Our Food Friday entry:
KFC Chili Lime Chicken

Ladynred at: Fri Oct 22, 10:50:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Everything looks yummy! I miss lugaw na.

Jenn at: Fri Oct 22, 10:56:00 AM GMT+8 said...

This was something I was craving last weekend, but we didn't have any chicken or tripe. :(

My post for Food Friday is here:
Slers Chicharon

maiylah at: Fri Oct 22, 10:57:00 AM GMT+8 said...

thanks so much everyone! had a yummy stroll reading your posts this wet Friday morning. :)

have a blessed and happy weekend!

Nathalie at: Fri Oct 22, 01:59:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Have a great weekend!

Tamang tama sa malamig na panahon ang lugaw.

Just like you, I like my lugaw white, with one egg or just tokwa. I'm getting hungry!!!

If you have time, do drop by:

Red Mango - Indulge

Halie's Kitchen

maiylah at: Fri Oct 22, 07:01:00 PM GMT+8 said...

thanks, Nathalie!
your shrimp and yogurt posts looks so yummy...i know i'll have at least one of those this weekend! :)

enjoy your weekend, too!

Race at: Fri Oct 22, 07:42:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Looks very tempting with all those toppings especially the garlic, not so much a congee eater but this one can tempt me without the yellow color of course :-)

What I love most are the crispy tokwa and the lumpia, they're my favorite to the max level!

Btw I almost forgot :-D here's my entry for this week => A Veneto Platter

Lynn at: Fri Oct 22, 08:41:00 PM GMT+8 said...

I like my congee like the one in yout picture, with lots of garlic and egg! :)

Oggi at: Fri Oct 22, 09:13:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Your photos are making me hungry. I've only eaten white lugaw but yellow looks yummy too specially with those toppings. I want some now!


FF McD's Third Pounder Burger

maiylah at: Fri Oct 22, 10:20:00 PM GMT+8 said...

thanks, Race, Lynn, and Ms Oggi!
another yummy rounds for me! :)

enjoy the weekend!

Dj MariƱas at: Fri Oct 22, 10:21:00 PM GMT+8 said...

ang sarap sarap naman nyan! bigla ko tuloy nagutom :-)

join ako ulit

my entry is here :

http://djmarinas.blogspot.com/2010/10/chewy-oatmeal-chocolate-chip-cookies.html

have a great weekend

maiylah at: Fri Oct 22, 11:57:00 PM GMT+8 said...

thanks, Dj
good luck with your baking! :)
enjoy your weekend, too!

agent112778 at: Sat Oct 23, 05:38:00 AM GMT+8 said...

me want that at time moment =P~

heres my share for this week. dig in

maiylah at: Sat Oct 23, 08:22:00 AM GMT+8 said...

thanks, Jay
tamang-tama talaga 'to pag umuulan or kung may bagyo! hehe..
happy weekend!

Kero at: Sat Oct 23, 02:36:00 PM GMT+8 said...

i really enjoy congee with plenty of toasted garlic and fresh onion springs =)

my entry is here http://kcelebration.blogspot.com/2010/10/sugar-cookies.html

maiylah at: Sat Oct 23, 03:12:00 PM GMT+8 said...

thanks, Kero
your sugar cookies post looks pretty yummy! looked similar to a couple of cookies that i bought at the mall a while back. it had a different design, though. :)

thanks for playing again, and have a wonderful weekend!

Cheerful at: Sat Oct 23, 03:53:00 PM GMT+8 said...

hi, ginutom ako sa pagdalaw ko sa page, happy to end here! :) everything looks yummy! anyway, how can i join food friday? thanks! happy weekend! :)

maiylah at: Sat Oct 23, 04:54:00 PM GMT+8 said...

hi Cheerful
thanks for the interest; nothing complicated about joining us...just post a food shot(s) every friday and add the food friday button (you can find it on the right side column of my blog; just copy and paste the script located below the button) to your post. i hope you got my explanation. :)
hope to be seeing your food posts soon! :)
happy weekend

Post a Comment

THANK YOU
...for visiting and the comment love!

have a nice day!

newer post older post