Search This Blog

Food Friday



5 shared thoughts
This week's Featured Food Friday player is ...

Ms. Kriska Marie, with her post "Medical Items-themed Cupcakes" on her blog: Sweet Nothings

I love looking at different cupcakes - simple and elaborately designed ones! The cupcakes made by Ms. Kriska Marie and her sister are decorated with fondant, and I must say they have done a very good job! Do click on the shot above to see the post.
------------- oo000oo -------------

Leftover Salad ... that's what my post is going to be called.


Ingredients
  • lettuce (cleaned and shredded)
  • radish (sliced)
  • cheese (i used cheddar, grated)
  • grapes (seedless preferred)
  • leftover roasted chicken (cut/flaked into bite-size; bones removed)
  • grilled bellpepper (which was peeled then juliened)
  • capers 
  • toasted bread

dressing
olive oil, salt, pepper, calamansi juice, mustard, honey, crushed capers

some of the ingredients

Procedure
Mix the first six ingredients. Keep cool.
Mix the dressing. Pour over the salad once ready to serve.
Perfect with peppered toasted bread.


I actually had this yesterday, after I got my kindergarten to school. I was hungry but too lazy to wait and prepare a "proper" breakfast (which, for me, means having to cook steamed rice since there were no leftovers from the night before) for myself. Grabbed what I can from my meager stock and had this salad. Quite filling, actually. I would have wanted to add boiled eggs, but ... yeah. Next time. :)

Appreciate much your taking the time to share and link your food posts here at Food Friday! :)
Please don't forget to add a link back to this site (you can get the buttons here; deciding to use text instead of buttons is fine also) to be able to add your posts below. Many thanks and hope everyone is going to have a great time this weekend!







get the InLinkz code

5 shared thoughts:

Oggi at: Fri Aug 09, 01:04:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Salas looks good.:)

Winnie at: Fri Aug 09, 01:30:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Thank you Maiylah for another party!
Love the feature(!) and I like your salad - although without the chicken for me.... :)

Hazel at: Fri Aug 09, 09:09:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Very interesting medical cupcakes. I'd put them all near my mouth except the one topped with band aid, lol. Where I live seedless grapes, which look grear on your salad, are quite pricy. They're much more affordable in Pinas. I eat leftovers too. All the time :)

Hazel

Intelliblog at: Fri Aug 09, 03:31:00 PM GMT+8 said...

That salad looks delicious. We always have salad with our meals and whatever is growing int eh garden seasonally is usually the first thing that goes in the bowl...
Thanks for hosting.

Anonymous at: Mon Aug 12, 10:16:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Thank you so much for featuring us once again! :D You're salad got me drooling! Looks so delicious!

Post a Comment

THANK YOU
...for visiting and the comment love!

have a nice day!

newer post older post