Search This Blog

Food Friday



4 shared thoughts
This week's Featured Food Friday player is ...

Teacher Julie, with her post: Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares, on her blog Plateful of Fun.

If you're like me, who wants things fast (usually) and simple, then this treat is for you (and me)! Yes, that is a NO-BAKE treat! Click on the shot and see how Teacher Julie made them!
------------- oo000oo -------------

Green Drink, that's what am calling today's food post. I like drinking smoothies, but the ones being sold are almost always too sweet for me. Then I found out about green smoothies; I know I just had to try it!


Ingredients
1 c coconut water (chilled)
1 1/2 c fresh spinach
1 banana
1 apple (peeled, since am sure it wasn't organic)
1 tbsp coconut sugar (less, or more; depends on your preference)
3 tbsp milk
1/2 tsp maca powder


Procedure:
Blend everything till smooth. Adjust sweetness.
Enjoy!


The green drink tasted weird, initially. Maybe because this was the first time, plus the fact that I used coconut water instead of just plain water. My sister loved it, though. The next day I tried with just apple and banana (and plain water) since my spinach and coconut water supply was all gone. This green drink is still new for me, and would love to experiment some more. Not just with the greens, but also maybe with some reds, or blue. And some more green! LOL.

ps. You may freeze the fruit first, if you want. Or add ice. To make a more colder drink.

Appreciate much your taking the time to share and link your food posts here at Food Friday! :)

Please don't forget to add a link back to this site (you can get the buttons here; deciding to use text instead of buttons is fine also) to be able to add your posts below. Many thanks and hope everyone is going to have a great time this weekend!






get the InLinkz code


4 shared thoughts:

Winnie at: Fri Dec 20, 06:37:00 AM GMT+8 said...

What a great feature!! I loooooooove these square :)
Thank you Maiylah for the party and enjoy the weekend

Jenn at: Fri Dec 20, 09:59:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Ugh, your jar... I want one, too! Hahaha! Next year o-order ako nyan, unless makita ko sa Japan Home Centre yung same jar (with handle) - mas mura kasi, 88 lang. ;P

Intelliblog at: Sat Dec 21, 02:40:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Those chocolate squares look very tempting...
Thanks for hosting, Maiylah!

maiylah at: Fri Jan 03, 02:49:00 AM GMT+8 said...

@Winnie: thanks so much, Winnie! <3

@Jenn: love the jars, too! my buying experience wasn't great, though. she sent me a different jar! ugh. tapos nangyari i had to buy that jar nalang para ipadala nya sa akin yung inorder ko talaga. :( won't buy from her again...tapos tagal pa niya sumagot sa email. maybe because iilan lang inorder ko, at di ako artista. LOL :D hope you'll find the jar soon!

@Nicholas: thanks, Nick!

really appreciate all the food posts being shared! i love learning something new all the time!
Happy 2014 everyone!!!!

Post a Comment

THANK YOU
...for visiting and the comment love!

have a nice day!

newer post older post