Search This Blog

Food Friday



5 shared thoughts
This week's Featured Food Friday player is ...

Ms. Kim, with her post, Baked Potato, on her blog: @my tabletop.

I know I'd love to taste one of those! Head on over to Ms. Kim's and check out her yummy post!
------------- oo000oo -------------

Another dish that I tried cooking for the first time but have eaten all the time: Tilapia Sinigang sa Miso (Sour Fish Soup).


Ingredients:

  • fresh tilapia 
  • fresh miso (i only had the yellow miso)
  • mustard leaves, radish, tomatoes
  • garlic, onions, chili, salt, pepper
  • sinigang mix




Procedure:

  • Clean the fish (remove scales and gills)
  • Fry, then set aside.
  • In a pot, saute some sliced garlic, onions, and tomatoes. Add the miso (around 2 tbsp) then water (more or less three to four cups). Let boil, then add in the sliced radish and the sinigang mix.
  • Place the fried fish in the simmering pot, then the mustard leaves and chili.
  • Turn off the heat once leaves have wilted.

Delicious while still hot, served with rice.


Frying the tilapia made this sinigang taste different; but in a good way. Maybe if I used a different fish I wouldn't fry it. This was worth a try. The yellow miso made my radish slices look icky yellow! I know, I should have used the white miso, but there was none in the grocery at that time. Anyway, still tasted great. :)

Please don't forget to add a link back to this site (you can get the buttons here; deciding to use text instead of buttons is fine also) to be able to add your posts below. Many thanks and hope everyone is going to have a great time this weekend!





get the InLinkz code


5 shared thoughts:

Kim, USA at: Fri Feb 28, 05:34:00 AM GMT+8 said...

I have not tried soup with miso. I think I would like to try this dish. Thanks for picking my foodie again. ^_^

Hazel at: Fri Feb 28, 07:59:00 PM GMT+8 said...

I love that sinigang mix in Pinas; very handy. I've never tried sinigang with that miso thing, although I usually have miso soup almost every time I dine in a Japanese restaurant; should probably pay more attention to the ingredients of the food I order :) Oh, I miss tilapia!

Oggi at: Fri Feb 28, 09:44:00 PM GMT+8 said...

I love miso and fish together specially baked with sinigang or miso soup powder mixed in a little water.

BarbViel at: Sat Mar 01, 12:43:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Great recipes again Maiylah! Thanks for hosting.

maiylah at: Thu Mar 06, 05:03:00 PM GMT+8 said...

@Manang Kim: love the taste, Manang Kim! baka magugustuhan mo din. :)
happy that inlinkz chose your post to feature, too!

@Hazel: oh yes, super handy! always have at least one at home since my youngest loves sinigang!

@Ms Oggi: oh, that sounds like a good idea (baking the fish with the powder and a bit of water! thanks!

@BarbViel: Thanks, and Hallu! :)

thanks again, everyone!!!
always a pleasure visiting your food posts! <3

Post a Comment

THANK YOU
...for visiting and the comment love!

have a nice day!

newer post older post